What About Bob
Bob Taibbi is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 42 years experience, primarily in community mental health working with couples and families as a clinician, supervisor and clinical director.
Bob is the author of 10 books including several new editions:
- Doing Couples Therapy: Craft and Creativity in Work with Intimate Partners
- Doing Family Therapy: Craft and Creativity in Clinical Practice
- Clinical Supervision: A Four-Stage Process of Growth and Discovery
- Clinical Social Work Supervision: Practice & Process
- Boot Camp Therapy: Action-Oriented Brief Clinical Approaches to Anxiety, Anger & Depression
- Brief Therapy with Couples & Families in Crisis
- The Art of the First Session
In addition to his books, Bob writes a regular online column for Psychology Today magazine entitled Fixing Families http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/fixing-families, as well as a monthly parenting advice column for the regional magazine Bloom.
He has also published over 300 magazine and journal articles, contributed several book chapters including the Encyclopedia of Couple & Family Therapy and Favorite Counseling Techniques: 55 Masters Share Their Secrets which cited him among the top 100 therapists in the country. He served as teen advice columnist for Current Health, a contributing editor to Your Health and Fitness, and has received 3 national writing awards for Best Consumer Health Writing.
Bob is a graduate of Rutgers University and the University of South Carolina, and has served as adjunct professor at several universities. He provides trainings nationally in couple therapy, family therapy, brief therapy, and clinical supervision, and is an expert contributor to the websites, Howtodate.com, World-wide continuing education and Marriage.com.
Bot is currently in private practice in Charlottesville, Virginia with Lewis Weber & Associates: weberpsychotherapy.com